Roasted Cauliflower And Parmesan Zucchini Noodles
Time for a very simple and healthier meal – zucchini noodles with roasted cauliflower and parmesan cheese.
I love my pasta, but ever since I started making zucchini noodles, I’ve been hooked. Because we need to have pasta dish almost every week, I’ve been starting to substitute regular pasta in recipes with zoodles. My husband liked the idea, too, which gave me more confidence to experiment.
I’ve made this particular recipe many times, using regular and whole wheat pasta. Zucchini noodles worked great, too!
Roasted cauliflower has been popular among veggie lovers. It has been called cauliflower wings, popcorn, steaks in recipes, but what it is – cauliflower with a seasoning, roasted in the oven on higher temperature. Once roasted it has great texture, tenderness and flavor.
So for this recipe in stir fried the zucchini noodles for a few minutes. I like them slightly cooked, not raw. Then I added roasted cauliflower, parmesan cheese, chopped parsley and some chopped almonds for extra crunch. The dish is easy and comes together in 30 minutes. Perfect for a clean weeknight meal.
- 1 medium head cauliflower cut into florets
- 3 tbsp olive oil (or vegetable oil), divided
- salt and pepper to taste for roasting the cauliflower
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder (optional)
- 2 medium zucchini spiralized
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- 2 tbsp chopped almonds
- salt and pepper to taste
- I seasoned my pasta with additional 1 tbsp garlic infused olive oil and 1 tsp raw apple cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 425 F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. In a bowl toss cauliflower with 2 tbsp oil, salt and pepper to taste. Spread over baking sheet and roast for 20-25 minutes, until browned and tender.
- In the mean time, heat 1 tbsp oil in a large pan over medium meat and add zucchini noodles. Cook, stirring frequently for 4-5 minutes. Do not burn. Once you add salt to the noodles, they will release some liquid. Season noodles with salt and pepper, red pepper flakes, garlic powder (optional, you can use garlic olive oil instead), raw apple cider vinegar (optional).
- Divide noodles between 2 bowls. Top with cauliflower florets. Add parmesan cheese, parsley and chopped almonds.