Roasted Cauliflower And Asparagus Soup Recipe
Roasted Cauliflower And Asparagus Soup Recipe – creamy and delicious, this soup is so easy to make and loaded with healthy ingredients. No milk or cream used!
You guys know, with grilling season, I’ve been obsessed with grilled meat and veggies lately. But at least once a week, I do need to make some soup. My soup recipes are pretty simple – I use a lot of fresh veggies, I usually use vegetable stock, I rarely use cream, they take between 30 minutes to 1 hour to cook and I rarely use a slow cooker.
The combination of cauliflower and asparagus is perfect for spring and summer. And these two vegetables pair perfectly in a soup.
Why roast the vegetables? Flavor… Roasting brings out a lot more flavor than steaming or boiling them.
Growing up, I loved eating cauliflower. But we never made soup out of it. We made salads, stews, or ate it raw. Ever since I started using it in soups, it has turned into one of my favorite vegetables.
- 1 medium head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed
- cooking spray
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil, divided
- salt and pepper to taste, to season the vegetables, before roasting and to add to the soup
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 6 cups vegetable stock
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- parsley for garnishing
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Spray a large baking sheet with cooking spray. Line asparagus and cauliflower on the sheet. Season with salt and pepper and drizzle 3 tbsp vegetable oil over them.
- Roast vegetables for 30-40 minutes, until golden. Asparagus may be ready faster than cauliflower, keep an eye on them and take them out of the oven earlier, of needed.
- You can reserve some roasted cauliflower and asparagus for garnishing.
- In a large saucepan, heat 1 tbsp oil over medium heat. Add shallot and cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Add garlic and cook for 1 more minute.
- Add roasted vegetables. stock, thyme, basil and salt and pepper. Bring to a boil and simmer for 7-10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Using an immersion blender, puree soup until smooth. Alternatively, transfer soup to a blender in batches and blend until smooth.
- Stir in parmesan cheese. Add more salt if needed.
- Garnish with parsley and serve.