Roasted Cauliflower And Boursin Soup
This roasted cauliflower and Boursin soup is creamy, tasty and so simple to make.
Cold weather doesn’t seem to end any time soon, so I had the perfect excuse to make this roasted cauliflower soup. It can be prepared in under 1 hour and tastes incredible.
I do believe it owes its lovely taste to the flavorful roasted cauliflower and a secret ingredient I added.
Well, not so secret any more – I added Boursin cheese with garlic flavor to it. It really enhances the flavor of the soup and the cauliflower taste isn’t as strong. It also thickens the soup and there is no need to add cream or milk to it.
Boursin is a trademarked brand of Gurney Cheese. It is creamy,soft and available in variety of flavors. tastes and has a texture similar to cream cheese. I like to use it for easy party appetizers, to spread it on toast or crackers. I’ve also used it in a pasta sauce and it tasted amazing!
I like to always have cauliflower in my fridge. I do prefer it over broccoli for come reason and it seems to last a lot longer in the vegetable drawer of my fridge that other veggies. Roasting it created a delicious nutty flavor and brings a silky texture to this flavorful soup.
As is mentioned – very easy!
You roast cauliflower at 400 F in the oven for 30 minutes until lightly browned and tender. Then simmer it with vegetable stock and some onion, garlic and spices like cumin, paprika, salt and pepper. Puree in a blender and stir in Boursin cheese to thicken.
Serve warm, as a side or main meal with some bread.
Thanks for reading Cooking LSL! To stay up on what’s going on in my kitchen, you can follow me on: Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and sign up for e-mail updates, to receive more recipes and a copy of my FREE e-cookbook 15+ Most Popular Recipes On CookingLSL.
- 4-5 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 4 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- ½ medium chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- ½ tsp ground cumin (or more to taste)
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp black pepper
- additional salt to taste
- one 5.2 oz (150 grams) pound of Boursin cheese, I used Garlic and Herbs
- lemon juice to serve
- Preheat oven to 400 F (205 C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil (optional). Arrange cauliflower on baking sheet, generously drizzle (spray ) with olive oil, season with salt and pepper. Roast for 30 minutes, until cooked and tender, turning half way through.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 tbsp olive oil over medium heat in a deep pot and cook onion for 2 minutes, until translucent. Add garlic and cook for 1 more minute, stirring frequently.
- Add vegetable stock, paprika, cumin, salt and pepper. Add cauliflower and simmer on medium for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and let it cool for 10 more minutes. At this point you can reserve some of the cauliflower florets for garnishing the soup later.
- Transfer to a blender (or alternatively use an immersion blender) and blend until smooth. Transfer soup back to a pot and set heat on low. Add in Boursin cheese, whisk until melted. Remove from heat and serve. Add lemon juice (optional).