Pumpkin Spice Magic Custard Cake Recipe
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #NestleHoliday #CollectiveBias
Pumpkin Spice Magic Custard Cake Recipe – very easy to make, this cake has fall flavors and custard-like texture.
I’m pretty sure some of you have already heard of magic custard cakes. I’ve made the vanilla and chocolate versions many times. I never thought to post the recipe, because it is so popular already, but now I added pumpkin to it and thought it was worth sharing.
Thanksgiving is just a week away. I’m not going to lie, I’ve been very busy getting ready for the holiday and life has been hectic lately. I don’t have a lot of time making all my recipes from scratch. So I took a shortcut here and I’m pleased with the result.
I got some wonderful holiday Nestle Products at my local Walmart and they worked great in the recipe. These products will help you create amazing desserts, with great flavors even if you are short on time.
All three products were located at a Holiday section at my local Walmart.
I got the NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Pumpkin Bread Kit, NESTLÉ® COFFEE-MATE® Pumpkin Spice Liquid Coffee Creamer and LIBBY’S® 100% Pure Pumpkin. I’ve been using LIBBY’S® 100% Pure Pumpkin on a regular basis, but I was happy to try the NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Pumpkin Bread Kit and NESTLÉ® COFFEE-MATE® Pumpkin Spice Liquid Coffee Creamer. The NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Pumpkin Bread Kit actually had a can of pumpkin pure in it, which is nice.
LIBBY’S® and NESTLÉ® provide easy solutions to incorporate into your menu during the busy holiday season!
These products provide a lot of options to feed a crowd around the holidays. Imagine that you nee to bake a pumpkin bread, but don’t have time to measure all ingredients and bake it from scratch? This is where NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Pumpkin Bread Kit comes handy. The box contains enough bread mix for 2 loaves, all you need to do is add eggs, oil and water. So easy and convenient. Don’t want to bake pumpkin bread? You can just use the bread mix and incorporate it into a recipe of your choice, just like I did.
Pumpkin spice flavor is in the air and the perfect way to enjoy it is adding some NESTLÉ® COFFEE-MATE® Pumpkin Spice Liquid Coffee Creamer to your morning coffee. You can use it in a recipe of your choice. It has the perfect amount of spices and sweetener in it.
LIBBY’S® 100% Pure Pumpkin is a staple in my pantry. I use it all the time and make sure I always have it in the house. From sweet to savory dishes, pies, drinks this is a great ingredient to add pumpkin flavor and protein to any dish, especially around the holidays.
You can easily serve this Pumpkin Spice Magic Custard Cake Recipe at your Thanksgiving table. It takes a little over 1 hour to make and then you can keep it in the fridge for up to a week. This means you can make it in advance. Impress your guests with this unique dessert- pumpkin spiced cake with a custard and cake layer.
Hope you have a great holiday!
I feel confident serving these products on my holiday table. If you like the idea and your lifestyle is busy like mine – go to your local Walmart store and stock up on some NESTLE Holiday products.
You can also visit NESTLÉ® Flavorful Moments Pinterest Page for more ways to enjoy STOUFFER’S® and what recipes to pair with it. I’d love to hear about how you feed your family during the busy holiday season.
- 1/2 cup butter melted and cooled
- 2 cups NESTLÉ® COFFEE-MATE® Pumpkin Spice Liquid Coffee Creamer, warmed until lukewarm
- 4 large eggs, separated
- 1/8 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups from the bread mix NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Pumpkin Bread Kit
- 1 cup LIBBY’S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- powdered sugar for dusting (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- Line a 8×8 in (9×9 in will work, too) baking dish with parchment paper. Spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Whip egg whites with cream of tartar until stiff peaks form.
- Beat egg yolks for 1 minute. Add melted butter and mix to combine. Add vanilla.
- Beat in the flour and sugar bread mix and half of the warmed cream. Add pumpkin and the rest of the cream. Beat until incorporated.
- Fold in egg whites, using a rubber spatula.
- Pour mixture into the baking dish and bake for 1 hour. Cake will still be soft. Allow it to cool completely before cutting. After you refrigerate it, the layers will not be as visible like they were after baking.