Pomegranate Mojito Cocktail – refreshing, with healthy antioxidants this would make a great holiday drink.
How was your weekend?
Ready to say “Goodbye” to 2014 and say “Hello” to the new year?
Although I’m still in a holiday mood, I found some time to make mojitos.
Mojitos are my favorite drinks to make by far.
I know that most people connect them with the summer and going to the beach, but I can have them any time of the year. With pomegranates in season now, it was the perfect time to make a pomegranate mojito cocktail. I’ve been waiting for the perfect time to make this drink and after my Original Lime, Strawberry and Watermelon Mojito recipes I shared last summer, I thought this could make a nice New Year’s Eve drink.
I love sweet cocktails like this pomegranate one, which I prepared with fresh pomegranate seeds and simple syrup. Of course rum, lime juice mint and some ice.
For this particular cocktail I used lime flavored Perrier sparkling water, but unflavored soda or sparkling water works awesome.
This is not a classic Mojito recipe, that’s why I’m not using brown sugar, instead I prefer making my mojitos with simple syrup. This way it tastes so much better, sweeter and flavors are well balanced.
And another fun fact about me – I love making Mojito in a tall glass and refuse to drink it from a short one. I like this drink in size “large”.
It is pretty, festive, sweet and flavorful. Very sparkly and if you skip the rum, it will make a great mocktail (virgin mojito).
I hope you enjoy it! Very simple and quick to make, perfect for a party.
Thanks for reading CookingLSL! To stay up on what’s going on in my kitchen, you can follow me on: Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and sign up for e-mail updates, to receive more recipes (link in the sidebar). And I have a very exciting Giveaway going on: Pay Your Holiday Bills Worldwide Giveaway ($700 Paypal Cash or Amazon).
- (If you'd like to make your own simple syrup, this recipe makes around 1¾ cups)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- 8 fresh mint leaves ( plus more for garnish)
- ¼ cup pomegranate seeds
- juice from 1 lime
- 3 oz Bacardi white rum
- 2 oz simple syrup
- 1 cup ice (might need more)
- soda water (I used lime flavored Perrier)
- Prepare simple syrup, by combining 1 cup sugar and 1 cup water and bringing it to a boil. Stir to let sugar dissolve and remove from heat. Let syrup cool.
- In a sturdy glass add mint leaves, pomegranate seeds, lime juice, rum and simple syrup. With a muddles or a wooden spoon, muddle to extract juices from mint leaves and pomegranate seeds.
- Add ice to the glass and top with soda water. Garnish with more pomegranate seeds, mint leaves or lime wedges.