Nutella Cheesecake Mousse Recipe
This Nutella Cheesecake Mousse, served in mini dessert cups tastes exactly like cheesecake, but without having to bake it. It also has the texture of a mousse, which makes it extra light and creamy.
If you know me, you already know of my love for desserts and specifically cheesecakes. Ever since I got these cute mini dessert cups, I had the idea of making mini PF Chang’s like dessert. I also was curious of trying a dessert recipe with Nutella, different from just spreading this hazelnut spread over crepes. Not that I don’t like Nutella, but I hardly ever eat it. Incorporating it un this cheesecake mousse recipe, created a wonderful delicious and very simple dessert.
For the cheesecake crust I used some crushed Oreo cookies, mixed with coconut oil. I’ve been using a lot of coconut oil in my recipes lately, and really like it.
Some other Nutella Cheesecake Mousse recipes, that I researched, before trying this one refer to using some heavy whipping cream, and I’m pretty sure using it will make this dessert even more fluffy and creamy. But, I loved and enjoyed it without the whipped cream and also slept on the extra calories. Honestly I did not have any heavy cream in my fridge, so I just used what i had.
I layered Oreo cookies as a base , then added the simple Nutella – cream cheese mixture and topped with some tiny white chocolate shavings and chopped toasted hazelnuts. I also added a chocolate covered hazelnut on top of each cup.
- 10 Oreo cookies (crumbled)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 8 oz softened cream cheese
- 2/3 cup Nutella hazelnut spread
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp sugar (maple syrup or agave nectar) for extra sweetness if needed
- 1 tsp white chocolate shavings
- t tsp chopped toasted hazelnuts
- In a small bowl combine Oreo cookie crumbs and melted coconut oil. Evenly divide between individual dessert cups and press.
- In a large bowl, with an electric mixer beat cream cheese and Nutella until smooth. Add salt and vanilla and mix until evenly distributed. (Add extra sweetener if you are using any), and beat until combined.
- Evenly spoon in or pipe mixture into dessert cups. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- When ready to serve top with white chocolate shavings and chopped toasted hazelnuts.