No Bake Cheesecake With Walnut Cookie-Brown Butter Crust
Classic no bake cheesecake with walnut cookie-brown butter crust and fresh blueberry compote.
Hi guys! Happy Wednesday!
As I mentioned in my previous post, I’m still in a summer mood. Which means a few more berry recipes are on the way!
I’m still not in a mood of cooking fall recipes! Don’t get me wrong, I love pumpkin, but it is a little too early for me. And I still haven’t shared a zucchini recipe for this summer, so this will happen soon!
I’m still in a vacation mood and I’ve been very lazy with cooking. This will change some time next week, hopefully! In the mean time, I try to at least organize my pantry! Didn’t I just clean it? It is a mess!!! Again!
This is seriously one of the easiest cheesecakes I’ve ever made. So simple, creamy, light and delicious! Served with with delicious blueberry compote.
But wait, there is more! The beauty of this cake really is in the crust! Most store bought cheesecake crusts are not my favorite. That’s why when I saw this recipe for a cheesecake crust, loaded with crunchy walnuts and nutty brown butter. The crust takes less than 30 minutes to make, but it is totally worth it. And the rest of the cake is just fresh cream cheese, sugar and some heavy cream.
This cheesecake is very soft, so make sure you serve it chilled. I recommend that you use vanilla bean, the flavor is intense and that is what this simple cheesecake needs.
It is the perfect sweet treat, to enjoy with your afternoon coffee/tea. The combination of brown butter crunchy crust, smooth velvety no bake cheesecake and rich blueberry flavor is amazing!
Thanks for reading CookingLSL! To stay up on what’s going on in my kitchen, you can follow me on: Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and sign up for e-mail updates, to receive more recipes and a copy of my FREE e-cookbook 15+ Most Popular Recipes On CookingLSL.
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups walnut halves
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened, plus 9 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- For The Filling:
- 2 1/2 pounds cream cheese
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- seeds from 1 vanilla bean
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 cup heavy cream
- [url href=”http://cookinglsl.com/creme-fraiche-ice-cream-with-blueberry-swirl-charles-phan/” target=”_blank”]blueberry compote for garnishing[/url]
- 1 pound blueberries
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- zest from ½ lemon
- Preheat oven to 375F. Spray a baking sheet and an 8-inch round springform pan with nonstick cooking spray and set a side.
- For the crust: In a bowl, stir together flour, walnuts, and salt and set aside. Using a stand mixer with paddle attachment, cream 1/4 cup of softened butter and brown sugar. Add the egg and mix well. Make sure you scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl. Add flour mixture to the bowl and mix until incorporated.
- Spread the dough onto the prepared baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and crumble with fork. Return to the oven and bake for 15 more minutes, stirring and breaking any lumps every 5 minutes. The crumbs should be toasty brown color, not burned. Let them cool then pulse in a food processor, until they are the size of a pea.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt the remaining 9 1/2 tbsp of butter and continue cooking until the butter turns brown and smells caramelized, not burned. Remove from the heat.
- Place crumbs in a bowl and add butter to make them hold together. Press mixture so it sticks to the bottom of the prepared springform pan. Chill for at least 40 minutes, before serving.
- To make the filling: using a stand mixer, fitted with paddle attachment, cream the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla extract, vanilla bean seeds and lemon zest until smooth. Slowly add the cream and mix just until smooth.
- Spread the filling over the prepared crust, using a small offset spatula, make sure th top is even and there are no bubbles.
- Chill for 4 hours or overnight. Serve with [url href=”http://cookinglsl.com/creme-fraiche-ice-cream-with-blueberry-swirl-charles-phan/” target=”_blank”]blueberry compote[/url]. This cake is very soft!
- In a medium saucepan over low heat, combine all ingredients and cook until the compote thickens and coats the back of a spoon, 20-30 minutes. Let it cool, then transfer to a jar. Refrigerate until ready to use.