Crunchy, fresh mini peppers, filled with creamy whipped feta. A wonderful combination for a light and clean summer snack or appetizer. Only four very easy to find main ingredients!
I’ll be honest, I’ve been obsessed with these lately! Plus they remind me of my childhood!
Where do I begin? The whipped feta cheese… Feta cheese is a staple in Bulgarian cuisine and of course a staple in my kitchen. Combining salty feta cheese with a little bit of cream cheese in a food processor and then blending until smooth makes a great dip (or filling).
It is really easy to make and comes together in minutes. Then you can dip some fresh veggies in it, spread it over toast of like I did – fill colorful mini peppers, sliced in half with it.
This is a light snack, that could easily turn into a great appetizer. Summer is here and I’m constantly trying to reduce the amount of time I spend in the kitchen (and in front of the computer), so simple appetizers like these mini peppers with whipped feta are perfect for me.
And as I mentioned before – these remind me of my childhood, which is always good! My great grandmother used to stuff crunchy sweet peppers from her garden with crumbled feta and give it to us as a snack! They tasted so good!
Thanks for reading CookingLSL! To stay up on what’s going on in my kitchen, you can follow me on: Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and sign up for e-mail updates, to receive more recipes and a copy of my FREE e-cookbook 15+ Most Popular Recipes On CookingLSL.
More Feta Recipes:
- 8 oz (227 grams) crumbled feta cheese, at room temperature
- 3 ounces (85 grams) softened cream cheese
- a few drops lemon juice (just a few drops, no more, optional)
- 15 mini peppers, cut in half and seeds removed
- chopped chives for garnishing (optional)
- In a food processor combine feta cheese, cream cheese and (lemon juice -optional). Puree for about 5 minutes, scraping the sides of the processor, until smooth and creamy.
- Using a spoon or piping bag, fill peppers with whipped feta. Top with chives. Serve.