Mediterranean Pizza With Feta Cheese
Mediterranean Pizza with feta cheese – thin crust, topped with olives, red peppers, chickpeas and onions. Great recipe, if you are looking for a change from your old favorite pizza.
Hi everyone! Happy Thursday!
This pizza is loaded with Mediterranean flavors and makes a great weeknight meal.
I’ve been obsessed with homemade pizza lately. It must be, because of the weather warming up, and this means it is time for more simple meals, like pizza. And also my husband can eat pizza every day, so I often make it, when I happen to run out of cooking ideas.
I love the perfectly crunchy crust, which my pizzas get, when I use a pizza stone. This is definitely my favorite option, when it comes to baking pizza. Pizza stones, could be used in the oven or on a gas grill.
This recipe was inspired by my Mediterranean Salad With Spicy Roasted Chickpeas. I decided to combine very similar flavors and make a pizza with them.
Feel free to add or remove toppings. Mine is meatless, but adding some grilled chicken would be nice.
You can use store bought or homemade pizza dough. I used my Neapolitan Pizza Dough Recipe (cold rise), but even a whole grain dough would work.
This pizza is so easy to make and takes just around 20 minutes.
For the spicy roasted chickpeas, I just seasoned them and added them on top of the pizza, This way they were cooked perfectly by the time the pizza was baked.
Thanks for reading CookingLSL! To stay up on what’s going on in my kitchen, you can follow me on: Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and sign up for e-mail updates, to receive more recipes and a copy of my FREE e-cookbook 15+ Most Popular Recipes On CookingLSL.
- For the pizza:
- 1 pound homemade or store bought pizza dough (I used my Neapolitan Pizza Dough recipe)
- cornmeal for dusting the pizza peel
- 1/4 cup pizza sauce
- 2-3 large roasted red peppers from a can, chopped
- 1/4 cup pitted Kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tbsp chopped green onions (optional)
- For the chickpeas:
- 1/2 cup chickpeas from a can, minced and dried with paper towels
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- In a bowl combine olive oil and spices. Add chickpeas. Toss to make sure they are evenly coated in seasoning. Set a side.
- Preheat oven to 450 F. If you are using a pizza stone, place it in the oven.
- On a pizza peel or a baking sheet, sprinkle cornmeal. Cut dough in 2 pieces.
- Form a circle from each one, stretch pizza dough, where necessary. (I suggest that you bake pizzas separately).
- Divide pizza sauce between pizzas, spread it on top, leaving at least 1/2 inch around the edges.
- Top each pizza with 1/2 of the seasoned chickpeas and red peppers.
- Add olives, (If you are not a fan of baked olives in pizza, you may add them at the end. )
- Bake pizzas for 7-8 minutes, then add feta cheese and bake for 2 more minutes. Edges should be golden, chickpeas cooked and feta should be just warmed up at the end.
- Remove pizza from the oven, let it sit at room temperature for 2-3 minutes. Top with green onions (optional).
- Cut and enjoy!
More Mediterranean Recipes: