Matcha baked donuts with matcha glaze – super simple to make, full of flavor, great for a snack!
Are you ready for a green sweet treat today?
I know I’ve told you before, I love coffee and coffee flavor, but I also like green tea. I usually drink at least a up a day.
I’ve also been using a lot of Matcha Green Tea Powder lately. It is time to share one of my creations.
It is very easy to incorporate in baked goods like these donuts. To be honest, I’m amazed of how many wonderful matcha desserts I’ve seen lately and of course I want to try them all!
Matcha is finely ground, powdered, high quality green tea. When you consume matcha, you ingest the entire tea leaf, which makes you receive 100% of its nutrients.
It is great for your metabolism, helps you burn calories and also is a powerful antioxidant. Calms your mind and helps you feel relaxed.
Back on the donuts – homemade baked donuts are my favorite. They come together in about 20 minutes and taste delicious! With all the sweets I’ve been making lately, I do prefer my donuts baked, it is just an easier and healthier option.
Keep in mind – baked donuts do not taste like fried ones, they taste more like a cake. But they are a lot easier to make, you just need a donut pan.
I also used a recipe, that calls for coconut oil, which made my donuts soft and moist.
I thought of pairing these green tea donuts with strawberry glaze, but changed my mind and did a matcha glaze, which turned out great! But now I just can’t get that strawberry glaze out of my mind, so there will be another donut recipe soon! By the way, these donuts taste delicious even without the glaze!
If you are a huge fan of matcha, feel free to increase the amount of it in the donuts with 1/2 tsp more.
I hope you like them!
Thanks for reading CookingLSL! To stay up on what’s going on in my kitchen, you can follow me on: Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and sign up for e-mail updates, to receive more recipes and a copy of my FREE e-cookbook 15+ Most Popular Recipes On CookingLSL.
- 1¼ cups all purpose flour
- ½ cup sugar (I used unrefined sugar)
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp matcha green tea powder
- ⅔ cup melted coconut oil
- ½ cup lukewarm milk
- 1 large egg at room temperature, whisked
- ½ tsp white vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1½ cups powdered sugar, sifted
- ½ tsp matcha green tea powder
- 2-3 tbsp hot water
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Spray a donut pan with cooking spray. Set a side.
- In a bowl mix together flour, sugar, salt, baking soda and matcha green tea powder.
- In a separate bowl combine coconut oil, milk, egg, vinegar and vanilla.
- Mix wet and dry ingredients until combined. Do not over mix. I suggest that you use a spatula, not a mixer.
- Transfer batter to a piping bag and squeeze into donut pan. Fill each slot ¾ full. Bake donuts for 10-12 minutes. Cool donuts completely after baking.
- Mix powdered sugar, water and matcha powder together. Consistency needs to be thick, you can eihter add more powdered sugar or water to adjust it. Dip donuts into glaze, then line on a cooling rack, letting the excess drip not baking sheet.
Recipe adapted from here.
Products I used: