Light No Bake Cheesecake
|Light No Bake Cheesecake
Today I am sharing with you a recipe for low fat no bake cheesecake. I came across this easy and tasty recipe while prowling a board on Pinterest. I really liked the idea and decided to try it. I would like to give a credit for the original recipe to www.gimmesomeoven.com. The blog post on the recipe there is interesting and helpful.
Here is the recipe, which I changed a little to suit my taste:
It makes 6 small no bake cheesecakes in individual cups.
|Light No Bake Cheesecake|
- Graham Cracker Crust
- 2/3 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tbsp melted coconut butter
- No Bake Cheesecake
- 2 8oz (225gr) packs low fat cram cheese
- 1 cup low fat yogurt (must be strained, so the cheesecake doesn’t get too watery)
- 1/4 cup Agave Sweetener (can use 1/4 cup honey)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- To Make Graham Cracker Crust:
- Stir together Graham Cracker crumbs with coconut butter until combined. Add 2 tablespoons of crust to each serving dish and pack down.
- To Make The Cheesecake:
- You can mix all ingredients together in a bowl by hand or use a food processor. I used my food processor. Blend them well and scoop mixture into each container over the crust. The amount of mixture you’ll use depends on the size of container you have.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours until firm. You can serve it with your favorite topping or plain.
- Original recipe suggests to use low fat vanilla strained yogurt. The yogurt I used was Fage 0% fat plain and I just added 1 teaspoon vanilla extract to it. It was pretty thick and the cheesecake I made set up easily in less than 2 hours.
- This recipe is great for any party and especially for Valentine’s Day.