Grilled Peach Arugula And Blue Cheese Pizza
This grilled peach, arugula and blue cheese pizza combines some wonderful flavors, perfect for summer!
Hi guys! Happy Monday!
How was your weekend? Mine felt way too short, so I definitely need a vacation pretty soon!
On Saturday we went out for some fire grilled pizza, which reminded me of this recipe, so I decided to share it with you.
Some days, I just decide not to follow any recipes. Just make something quick and easy for dinner, with ingredients I already have. That’s how this pizza came up. Plus my husband is always happy, when there is pizza/pasta for dinner.
Sweet grilled peaches, fresh peppery arugula and creamy blue cheese (I used Gorgonzola) create the perfect balance in this pizza.
I’ve been a fan of grilled peaches for a while. I either eat them with yogurt, ice cream or add them to salads. Never used them as pizza topping, but I’ve seen recipes like that and really wanted to try that. Grilling peaches really brings out their flavor and sweetness.
You can definitely add prosciutto or bacon to it, but I decided to stay on the meatless side.
I baked the pizza dough on my pizza stone on the grill. You can also bake it in the oven, if you’d like. If you have no tome to make homemade pizza dough, store bought is totally fine.
I also added some caramelized onions to the pizza and drizzled some reduced balsamic vinegar, to complete the look and taste.
Thanks for reading CookingLSL! To stay up on what’s going on in my kitchen, you can follow me on: Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and sign up for e-mail updates, to receive more recipes and a copy of my FREE e-cookbook 15+ Most Popular Recipes On CookingLSL.
- 1 pound (1/2 kg) pizza dough – [url href=”http://cookinglsl.com/neapolitan-style-pizza-recipe-using-a-pizza-stone/” target=”_blank”]homemade[/url] or store bought
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 medium peaches, sliced (1/4 inch thick slices)
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese (or other blue cheese)
- 1 cup arugula
- 2 tbsp reduced balsamic vinegar
- Place onions on a skillet, with 1 tbsp olive oil, salt and pepper to taste. Cook over medium – low heat, stirring frequently, until caramelized and tender. It takes around 20 minutes.
- Preheat grill to 350F. Clean and oil grates.
- Grill peach slices 1-2 minutes per side, be careful not to burn them.
- Place pizza stone on the grill. Increase temperature to 450 F. Stretch dough into 2 10 inch disks. (You can use use cornmeal, if you are concerned that the dough will stick to the stone). Place dough on pizza stone (one at a time). Top with 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese (per pizza).
- Grill for 10 minutes, until pizza appears cooked and crispy.
- Top with grilled peaches, caramelized onions and gorgonzola cheese. Add arugula, season with some black pepper.
More Pizza Recipes