Grilled Chicken And Potatoes In Foil Recipe
Grilled Chicken And Potatoes In Foil Recipe – chicken and potatoes, a favorite combination, cooked on the grill and ready in 30 minutes. Effortless dinner, perfect for the “lazy” cooks out there.
With the hot weather these days, I refuse to start the oven, unless it is really necessary!
I’m struggling with dinner ideas lately! I prefer lighter dishes during summer. But occasionally I dream of comfort foods like meat and potatoes.
One pan chicken and potatoes anyone? Well I’ve found a better alternative for the warmer days. Foil meals on the grill! (This Grilled Chicken And Potatoes In Foil could also be cooked in the oven, but I prefer the grilled version, since it keeps my kitchen cool and scent free during summer).
Did I mention, it only takes 30 minutes to cook? It doesn’t get any better! This way you have more time for yourself! Or for other tasks around the house.
The possibilities with this foil dinner are endless. You can definitely add your favorite veggies, if you’d like. I only used potatoes, carrots (tri-color carrots), onions and corn.
All you need to do is: season your chicken, cut potatoes, carrots, onions and corn. Add seasoning, olive oil and butter (yes, I use both olive oil and butter and veggies taste amazing this way!) to the vegetables, wrap in foil and grill for 20-25 minutes over medium-high heat.
Chicken and veggies will not burn, but if the temperature of the grill is too high, chicken might get a little dry. Make sure the grill temperature is around 450F and vegetables (especially potatoes) are cut into small pieces, so they can cook quickly. For a 7-8 oz chicken breast, the cooking time is 25 minutes, over 450 F. You can always return the packets to the grill, if for some reason chicken appears undercooked. The temperature of the meat should be 165 F to be safe for consuming.
Give yourself a break and start making foil packet meals for weeknight dinners this summer!
Grilled Chicken And Potatoes In Foil
Simple weeknight dinner, cooked in foil on the grill. Give yourself a break and start making foil packet meals for weeknight dinners this summer!
- 2 8 oz boneless skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper to taste for the chicken
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 pound potatoes, cut into 1-inch cubes, I used small creamer potatoes
- 3 small carrots, I used orange, yellow and red for extra color, but regular orange carrots are fine
- 1 corn, cut into 4 pieces
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 2 tbsp butter, cut into smaller pieces, divided (add extra butter to make this meal even tastier!)
- salt and pepper to taste for the vegetables
- Preheat a gas grill to 450 F.
- Cut four 12 x 14 in pieces of aluminum foil.
- If chicken breasts are too thick, tenderize with meat mallet, until they are 1 - 1 1/2 inches thick.
- Season chicken breasts with salt, pepper, paprika, garlic and onion powder, oregano and parsley.
- Place half of the potatoes over one piece of foil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add half of the carrots, 2 pieces of corn, half of the onion and top with one chicken breast. Add 1 tbsp olive oil and at least 1 tbsp butter.
- Carefully wrap the chicken and veggies in the first piece of foil. Wrap in another piece of foil, to prevent leakage.
- Repeat with the remaining vegetables and the second piece of chicken.
- Grill packets for 20-25 minutes at 450 F. It the meat appears undercooked, wrap again and cook for a few more minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!