Easy Fresh Strawberry Margarita
Easy Fresh Strawberry Margarita – the ultimate summer drink.
Hey everyone, Happy Wednesday!
How is your week going?
Sorry to announce, but we are back to the 50s (degrees Fahrenheit) around here!
This definitely can’t make me stop posting summer recipes like this easy fresh strawberry margarita.
I’ve been a little crazy about strawberries lately. I buy a lot of them and try to consume as many as possible, before they go bad. By the way how do you store your berries? Mine get pretty bad on the second day, but I guess if I was in California, they were gonna last a little longer?
This strawberry margarita only takes 5 minutes to make in a blender. It requires just a few ingredients and can be server frozen or on the rocks. I decided to use fresh strawberries and serve it on the rocks. Perfect for a party!
You can also make it in a pitcher and double/triple the recipe. Also, skip the salt if you’d like.
I wanted to share it around Cinco De Mayo, but couldn’t find my margarita glasses, so I had to go and get new ones.
I hope it finds a place in your Memorial Day Menu.
This easy fresh strawberry margarita is light, sweet and refreshing.
Don’t worry guys, I’m still a mojito girl!
Thanks for reading CookingLSL! To stay up on what’s going on in my kitchen, you can follow me on: Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and sign up for e-mail updates, to receive more recipes and a copy of my FREE e-cookbook 15+ Most Popular Recipes On CookingLSL.
- 10 oz fresh ripe strawberries, washed, hulled and sliced
- 1/2 cup silver tequila
- 2 oz freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 cup agave nectar or honey
- 1/4 cup orange liqueur such as Triple Sec or Cointreau ( I often like to use Grand Marnier instead, which is a blend of Triple Sec and cognac. This makes the drink stronger)
- kosher salt for the rim of the glass
- Place strawberries, tequila, lime juice, agave nectar (honey) and orange liqueur in a blender. Pulse a few times, until smooth. Let the mixture rest for 3-5 minutes. Using a spoon, remove all the foam on top. Taste and add more tequila, lime juice or sweetener, if needed.
- If you are serving in salt-rimmed glasses – run a slice of lime around the top of each glass. Dip the top of the glass in salt. (If you can not get the salt to stick – in a shallow bowl pour some lime, lemon juice or water. Dip the glass, upside down in it and then dip it in salt.
- Fill glasses with ice and pour Margarita mixture on top. Garnish with a strawberry or lime wedge.
- (If you’d like to serve margarita frozen- add 2-3 cups of ice to the blender with your margarita mix. Pulse until smooth and pour into glasses.)
Products I used:
More Strawberry Recipes: