Dry Rubbed Grilled Pork Chops Recipe
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #GrillPorkLikeASteak #CollectiveBias
Juicy, flavorful and delicious, these dry rubbed bone-in pork chops are perfect for a weekend barbecue or a quick weeknight dinner.
I know I’ve said this before, but pork meat is a little underappreciated at times. I cook it often and my family likes it, so today I decided to share with you my recipe for dry rubbed pork chops. This dry rub is pretty simple to prepare, with spices you already have in your pantry. What I like about it is that is seasons the meat quickly (no need to marinate it for several hours), it isn’t messy and keeps the pork chops juicy.
This summer has been pretty good for me. Weather is nice, the humidity hasn’t been extremely high around here, which means that I spend a lot of time outdoors. And of course, I practice my favorite activity – grilling! I enjoy using my grill and I never struggle with dinner recipe ideas in the summer. Everything is so quick and easy to make, unlike the colder months, when I need to pull out the slow cooker or wait for my dinner to cook for hours in the oven.
In the summer some grilled meat and a salad make the perfect dinner.
Also planning parties in the summer is so much easier, because I can always make a barbecue and all guests are happy and satisfied with the food.
On my recent trip to Walmart, I got some Smithfield All Natural Bone-In Pork Chops from the “Refrigerated Meat Section”. I enjoy cooking with fresh meat and could not wait to try these!
Smithfield All Natural Fresh Pork is naturally tender and juicy without added steroids, hormones or artificial ingredients. Fresh pork is perfect for the grill and Smithfield brand is very high quality.
Perfect for a weeknight meal or weekend entertaining. Smithfield All Natural Fresh Pork is proudly raised in the USA by Smithfield farm families.
Follow Smithfield on social media for more inspiration:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CookingwithSmithfield
- Twitter: @SmithfieldBrand
- Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/smithfieldfoods/
- Instagram: http://instagram.com/smithfieldfoods
- Website: http://www.smithfield.com/products/all-natural-fresh-pork/
From Ribeye to Porterhouse, #GrillPorkLikeASteak and enjoy more flavor.
Dry Rubbed Grilled Pork Chops
For the pork chops:
- 8 6 oz Smithfield All Natural Bone-In Pork Chops
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp sweet paprika
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp salt
For the salad:
- 8 cups baby spinach
- 3 marge tomatoes, chopped
- 1 15 oz can cooked white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 small purple onion, chopped
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1.4 cup olive oil
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
For the pork chops:
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients for the dry rub.
- Wash and dry meat with paper towels.
- Rub meat with seasoning on both sides. Let it sit at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- In the mean time, preheat grill for medium-high heat. Clean grates.
- Grill pork chops for 5 minutes per side (chops are on the thin side, 1/2 inch thick), until fully cooked.
- Remove from the grill and let pork chops sit at room temperature for 2-3 minutes, then serve.
For the salad:
- In a bowl, place spinach, tomatoes and onions.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, add olive oil, vinegar and balsamic.
- Toss and taste, add more salt or vinegar if needed.