Crispy Baked Parmesan Flax Chicken Bites
Crispy Baked Parmesan Flax Chicken Bites – tender chicken bites, loaded with Omega-3 and flavorful Parmesan.
I know I’m late to the party and I should have shared this recipe before the SuperBowl, but I did not remember to make these Crispy Baked Parmesan Flax Chicken Bites before that.
I just made them on Friday afternoon, when a good friend of mine came over to see me.
I needed something light and quick (different from chips and nuts…), simple to make and good for an appetizer/snack.
These crispy chicken bites take around 30 minutes to make and taste fantastic! Everyone around me loves them! Kid friendly, for sure.
They are golden and crispy on the outside and tender and juicy on the inside. The use of Parmesan cheese in the crust creates an unique flavor.
In the crust, I used 2 Tbsp of organic golden cold milled flax, which adds extra Omega-3, protein and fiber to this appetizer.
This is a great way to enjoy a bar style food, without the extra grease and breading.
To coat the chicken, I used some flour, eggs, whole wheat bread crumbs, flax meal and parmesan. There is no need to marinate the chicken in advance.
You can also prepare larger pieces of chicken, but this time I decided to make mini bites. (If you decide to prepare larger pieces, make sure you increase the baking time).
I know that when you hear crispy chicken, you might think – it needs to be deep fried. But after trying this recipe long time ago, I rarely fry my chicken.
Of course I can have it fried, when we eat out, but I don’t need to deep fry, and then wash pans, clean and stand the smell in my house.
The method I’m sharing with you today will save you clean up time and I don’t even use a single drop of oil. (You can still grease the baking sheet, though).
Serve with a side of marinara sauce, ketchup, ranch or honey mustard.
Thanks for reading CookingLSL! To stay up on what’s going on in my kitchen, you can follow me on: Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and sign up for e-mail updates, to receive more recipes and a copy of my FREE e-cookbook 15+ Most Popular Recipes On CookingLSL.
- For the chicken:
- two 5oz boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 2 small eggs (1 large egg might be just enough), whisked
- 1/2 cup whole wheat bread crumbs (Homemade of store bought. Regular bread crumbs would work.)
- 2 Tbsp [url href=”http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004LK3SIQ?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creativeASIN=B004LK3SIQ&linkCode=xm2&tag=lslsfunblog-20″ target=”_blank” title=”flax meal”]flax meal[/url]
- 2 Tbsp shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 – 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley (optional)
- Optional: cooking spray
- For garnishing:
- 1 Tbsp shredded parmesan
- 1/2 Tbsp fresh chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Line a [url href=”http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000G0KJG4?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creativeASIN=B000G0KJG4&linkCode=xm2&tag=lslsfunblog-20″ target=”_blank” title=”baking sheet”]baking sheet[/url] with parchment paper or [url href=”http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IGNMUNI?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creativeASIN=B00IGNMUNI&linkCode=xm2&tag=lslsfunblog-20″ target=”_blank” title=”silpat”]Silpat.[/url] Optional: spray parchment paper with cooking spray ( I usually don’t use any oil).
- In three shallow bowls place flour, eggs and combined breadcrumbs, flax meal, parmesan, salt, pepper and parsley.
- Dip all chicken bites in flour, eggs and breadcrumb mix. Line on baking sheet.
- Bake chicken bites for 13 – 18 minutes. Chicken bites are done, when juices run clear when chicken is pierced.
- Garnish with Parmesan cheese and fresh parsley.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.