Crepes With Vanilla Bean Whipped Cream + GIVEAWAY
Crepes With Vanilla Bean Whipped Cream – one of my favorite weekend breakfasts !
Did I ever mention, that we love crepes in my family! And you can probably tell, I’ve posted a lot of crepes recipes in the past. I learned how to make these when I was 6-7 years old. They were a very popular treat in my childhood. We made them almost every weekend. Filled with fruit, chocolate spread or jam.
Crepes are easy to make, if you have patience to perfect the skill. They are perfect for breakfast, brunch or a fancy dessert.
The recipe I used today is my basic crepe recipe, but if you’d like you can try and make these almond oat crepes and fill them with vanilla bean whipped cream.
Crepes, filled with vanilla bean and coffee whipped cream. There also is mascarpone mixed with the cream, to make it more stable and rich. Cream cheese could be used instead.
For whipped cream I used Vanilla Bean Paste by The Singing Dog Vanilla Company. They sent me some of their products to try and I fell in love with the vanilla bean paste. One tablespoon of this paste is the equivalent flavor of one vanilla bean. The flavor is rich, it is gluten free and made with pure cane sugar. It is very convenient to use in various dessert recipes, like pastry creams, yogurt parfaits, and frostings.
I also got to try their Alcohol-Free Pure Vanilla Extract and Vanilla Beans. Both products are great quality.
The company also offers a selection of teas, vanilla coffee, vanilla sugar and some other interesting products.
The folks over at The Singing Dog Vanilla offered to give away one jar of their Vanilla Bean Paste 4oz, to one lucky reader. Make sure you enter the giveaway below if you’d like to win it.
Thanks for reading CookingLSL! To stay up on what’s going on in my kitchen, you can follow me on: Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and sign up for e-mail updates, to receive more recipes and a copy of my FREE e-cookbook 15+ Most Popular Recipes On CookingLSL.
- For the crepes:
- [url href=”http://cookinglsl.com/berry-cheesecake-crepes/” target=”_blank” rel=”nofollow”]one batch crepes[/url]
- For the vanilla bean filling:
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 8 oz softened cream cheese or mascarpone
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla bean paste (I used The Singing Dog Vanilla Bean Paste)
- 1 tsp instant coffee dissolved into 1 tbsp warm water
- cocoa powder for dusting
- chocolate sauce or Nutella for drizzling
- fresh strawberries
- Prepare crepes.
- Beat heavy cream and sugar with a mixer until stiff peaks form.
- Fold in the cream cheese/mascarpone. Add vanilla bean paste and coffee, stir to combine.
- Spread generous amount of filling onto each crepe. Dust with cocoa powder and fold. Dust with more cocoa powder, drizzle with chocolate sauce/Nutella and serve.