This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #DelimexFiesta #CollectiveBias
Delimex has a special offer for you: Now through April 7th, 2015 you can get $1 off on any two (2) Delimex® Frozen Taquito products (excluding fruit taquito products) at Walmart. Final expiration date is May 4th, 2015.
You guys know me – I love Mexican food. Wether we are watching sports like basketball or just enjoying a relaxing afternoon around the house, tacos, taquitos, salsa and guacamole are some of my favorite snacks.
And if you remember I told you we’ve been watching college basketball, which has been fun.
For our recent game day gathering, I decided to get some Delimex® Frozen Appetizers from the frozen section of my local Walmart. (They are in the frozen Snacks and Appetizers section).
They are just perfect for the times when you have people come over and you need something quick and simple to serve.
I got Delimex Beef and Cheddar Rolled Tacos and Delimex Chicken Taquitos. The packaging and instructions are great, I cooked mine in the oven at 400 F for 11 minutes. They were perfectly cooked, crispy and full of flavor.
I’ve been craving cilantro lime rice for a couple of weeks now and this was the perfect excuse to make some. It is very easy to prepare and takes only 20 minutes. Tastes even better than Chipotle’s and the best part – you can have as much as you want.
This cilantro lime rice was the perfect addition to this Mexican menu.
1. You start with good quality rice like jasmine or basmati (I used jasmine).
2. Cook rice according to instructions on the package ( Mine were: For 1 cup of rice, bring 2 cups salted water to a boil. Add rice and deduce heat to low. Cover and simmer until cooked and water has evaporated. Fluff with fork). Let rice cool to room temperature.
3. In a small bowl mix together 3 Tbsp fresh chopped cilantro and juice from one ripe lime. Add mixture to the cooked rice and mix to combine. Season with salt.
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 2 cups water
- pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil (optional)
- juice from 1 ripe lime
- 3 tbsp chopped cilantro (or less according to taste)
- additional salt to taste
- In la deep pot bring water, salt and oil to a boil.
- Rinse rice a couple of times. Add to the boiling water. Reduce heat to low, cover and cook until water evaporates (15-20 minutes).
- Fluff with fork, let it cool to room temperature or refrigerate until ready to use.
- Add chopped cilantro and lime juice. Season with salt. Serve.
Thanks for reading CookingLSL! To stay up on what’s going on in my kitchen, you can follow me on: Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and sign up for e-mail updates, to receive more recipes and a copy of my FREE e-cookbook 15+ Most Popular Recipes On CookingLSL.
Here you can find my recipes for Blender Guacamole and Blender Salsa: