Chia Watermelon Aqua Fresca
Chia Watermelon Aqua Fresca – light and refreshing drink, ready in under 10 minutes. Packed with vitamins and antioxidants.
I hope you don’t mind, but today’s recipe is a very simple one – homemade energy drink! Better than Red Bull!
I used chia seeds and watermelon, to create a delicious and refreshing aqua fresca. Perfect for the warm weather, which I love! This makes a great party drink.
And since I’m finally done with spring cleaning, I can sit and enjoy some watermelon aqua fresca.
I love watermelon and I buy it all summer long. While I love it on its own, it could be used in salads and various drinks.
Chia seeds are low in calories, rich in antioxidants, protein and fiber. They bring to this drink a little crunch, but also make it more fun!
Thanks for reading CookingLSL! To stay up on what’s going on in my kitchen, you can follow me on: Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and sign up for e-mail updates, to receive more recipes and a copy of my FREE e-cookbook 15+ Most Popular Recipes On CookingLSL.
- 4 cups chopped watermelon
- 2 cups water
- ½ to 1 tbsp maple syrup (optional)
- juice from 1 lime
- 2 tbsp chia seeds + 6 tbsp water
- In a small bowl, combine chia seeds and 6 tbsp water. Let it sit for 5-10 minutes, until chia gel is formed.
- In a blender, blend watermelon and water until smooth. Strain pulp. Add lime juice. Add maple syrup, if necessary.
- Add chia gel and mix. Cover and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes or overnight.
- Serve chilled.