This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #KingOfFlavor #CollectiveBias
I know I’ve said this before, but I love summer! Nice weather, all sorts of fresh ingredients to cook with and of course – grilling. Plus I love spicy foods and I have a great and simple dish to share with you today!
This Caribbean Spicy Shrimp and Cauliflower Rice is light, flavorful and very easy to make. Perfect for a summer lunch or dinner. It also is low calorie and gluten free. The spicy tingle in this dish comes form the New El Yucateco Caribbean Habanero Sauce. When serving this shrimp, just make sure there is plenty of ice water at the table for people who can not handle the heat. This is a mild sauce on my opinion, but it all depends on your taste.
With its mild, slightly sweet flavor this sauce combines perfectly with the shrimp, grilled pineapple and sweet peppers in this recipe.
I decided to serve the grilled shrimp over cauliflower rice, but white, brown rice or quinoa will work in this recipe. I also added slices of grilled pineapple and roasted red pepper to my cauliflower rice.
This is the first time I make cauliflower rice! It is pretty easy to prepare. Great way to reduce the carbs in your diet and this dish will definitely make you feel satisfied!
The shrimp is marinated in some oil, Caribbean sauce, salt, pepper, cilantro and pineapple juice for 20 minutes, then grilled to perfection.
My garden is small, but I have planted three different kinds of hot peppers. I like use hot peppers and sauces in my recipes. You might have noticed that I often add a bit of spiciness to most of the savory dishes I share on the blog. I just can not help myself. That’s why I was very excited to try the New Al Yucatec Caribbean Habanero Sauce. I got it at my local Meijer store.
You can find the El Yucateco Sauces at the “Try Me Now” new product display, which is located at the end of the Freezer Aisle at your local Meijer. In my local store, I was also able to find them at the condiments Aisle, but the “Authentic Mexican” spices.
Besides the New Caribbean Habanero flavor there also are Red Habanero and Green habanero sauce.
Caribbean Habanero Sauce: This sauce is a perfect blend of yellow habanero peppers and fresh carrots, a source high in vitamin A and Beta-Carotene. Its slightly sweet flavor and mild heat deliver the perfect balance of habanero flavor with much less heat than some of their other sauces. Perfect for seafood, chicken or to kick up a Bloody Mary, or Mix this sauce with an orange marmalade and a bit of agave syrup and you have the most amazing dipping sauce or grilling glaze ever.
Red Habanero Sauce: Made with fresh red habanero peppers, tomato, and select spices and seasonings. El Yucatec’s red habanero sauce is the perfect “all purpose” sauce. It packs a little more kick than the average hot sauce but with far less vinegar, so you get the true flavor of the pepper, when you add this sauce to any dish. This sauce is great fit for everything from Bloody Mary tho shrimp Cocktail or wings.
Green Habanero Sauce: Made with fresh green habanero peppers, garlic, select spices and seasonings. Their green habanero sauce is their #1 seller nationally. It packs a little more heat than the red habanero, but again has far less vinegar that the average hot sauce. The green packs a fresh crisp habanero flavor that enhances the flavor of any dish when used as a condiment or blends perfectly into creamy dips toning down the heat while bringing that fresh habanero flavor to classic dips and dressings. For grilling or cooking this sauce pairs best with lighter foods, chicken, fish and veggies. Blend it with ranch dressing for an amazing alternative dressing or dip.
If you’d like to experience the wonderful taste of the new El Yucateco Caribbean Habanero Sauce, head over to your local Meijer to get it. What kind of dish would you like to pair it with?
- 1 medium head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 5 slices pineapple
- 2 roasted red peppers, chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 1 lb jumbo shrimp, tails on
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp El Yucateco Caribbean Habanero Sauce
- 1 tbsp cilantro
- 2 tsp lime juice
- ¼ cup pineapple juice
- lime wedges and chopped cilantro for serving
- El Yucateco Caribbean Habanero Sauce for serving
- melted coconut oil for brushing the pineapple slices and cooking the cauliflower rice
- Cut cauliflower into florets, wash and dry. Place in a food processor in batches and pulse until rice texture.
- Heat ½ tbsp coconut oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add cauliflower and cook for 4-5 mixtures, stir frequently, this will dry it up a little.
- Wash and pat dry shrimp.In a bowl combine shrimp, olive oil, salt, pepper, cilantro, lime juice, pineapple juice, cilantro and Caribbean sauce. Cover and let it marinate for 20 minutes.
- Preheat a gas grill to 400 F (medium high). Clean and oil grates. Grill shrimp for 3-5 minutes per side, until golden.
- Brush pineapple slices with melted coconut oil. Grill for 4-5 minutes per side. Then chop into small pieces.
- In a bowl place cauliflower rice. Season with some salt, cilantro and lime juice. Add red peppers and pineapple slices. Top with shrimp. Add some more El Yucateco Caribbean Habanero sauce.
Thanks for reading CookingLSL! To stay up on what’s going on in my kitchen, you can follow me on: Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and sign up for e-mail updates, to receive more recipes and a copy of my FREE e-cookbook 15+ Most Popular Recipes On CookingLSL.
More Cauliflower Recipes