Boiled Egg Bacon And Mushroom Salad
Boiled egg bacon and mushroom salad – very easy to put together, fresh and nutritious.
Happy Monday! How was everyone’s weekend?
Salads shouldn’t be boring ! But I have a problem, when there is a salad I like, I usually can’t get enough of it! This happened with the salad I’m sharing today.
You know how much I love light and easy meals, so I’m constantly looking for new recipe ideas. Looking through a very old book, I stumbled upon this salad. It is nothing special, but I love the combination of flavors. Perfect for lunch or a side salad.
The original recipe calls for baby spinach, but I made it with mixed greens. It worked, but you can still use spinach if you prefer.
The sautéed mushrooms bring a lot of flavor and of course meatiness.
And the dressing is simple – oil, vinegar, salt, pepper and some Worcestershire sauce. It can’t get any better. This is one of the easiest, most delicious salads, I’ve ever made!
Hope you like it!
Thanks for reading CookingLSL! To stay up on what’s going on in my kitchen, you can follow me on: Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and sign up for e-mail updates, to receive more recipes and a copy of my FREE e-cookbook 15+ Most Popular Recipes On CookingLSL.
- For the salad:
- 4 large eggs
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and chopped
- 4 oz baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 oz mixed greens (or baby spinach), washed
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 2 oz mature Cheddar cheese or Parmesan, grated
- For the dressing:
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 drops Worcestershire sauce
- Place eggs in a saucepan and add cold water to cover. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low, simmer and cook for 10 minutes. Plunge into cold water. When cold enough to handle, peel and cut into slices.
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil over medium high heat. Add mushrooms. Sauté tor 4-5 minutes, until cooked. Drain liquid and reserve mushrooms.
- Arrange greens (mixed greens or spinach ) in a bowl. Top with bacon, tomatoes, mushrooms and cheese. Add eggs.
- In a bowl, whisk together olive oil, vinegar and Worcestershire. Pour over salad. Season with salt and pepper. Serve.