Asparagus And Corn Pizza
I usually like eating my favorite Margherita pizza, but today I decided to experiment a little and came up with this fresh and cheery asparagus and corn pizza. I was planning on a roasted veggies pizza, but then I saw some fresh asparagus and some leftover corn on the cob in the fridge and I thought, the combination will be nice. Instead of pizza sauce I used beaten egg, then I layered shredded mozzarella cheese, asparagus and corn. After I baked the pizza, I added some parmesan cheese, chopped pistachios and a few drops of lemon juice.
It tasted amazing, crunchy, fresh and cheesy. This pizza is light and perfect for breakfast of brunch.
For the dough, I used my pizza Neapolitana dough recipe. For one pizza I used one ball of dough. My recipe makes 6 dough balls, which you can freeze. This is a slow rising dough, that you have to make in advance. Feel free to use your favorite pizza dough recipe. Check out the recipe here.
- 1 ball pizza dough
- 1 egg-beaten
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 6 asparagus (chopped or shaved)
- 1/2 cup cooked corn
- 2 tbsp shredded parmesan
- 1 tbsp chopped pistachios
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Line a pizza pan with foil and spray with some olive oil so pizza doesn’t stick.
- Spread pizza dough onto pan and add beaten egg on top. Spread evenly. Bake pizza for 3-5 minutes, until egg is set. Then add cheese and asparagus and bake for 15 more minutes.
- Add corn (the only reason for adding it later is that you don’t want corn to burn) and bake pizza for another 15 minutes or more, until crust starts to brown.
- Remove from oven and add parmesan cheese, black pepper, pistachios and lemon juice (optional).
- Slice pizza and serve.